10 Commandments of Leadership
By the late George Robotham
Ten Commandments of Leadership
· Search out challenging opportunities to change, grow, innovate and improve.
· Experiment, take risks, and learn from the accompanying mistakes.
· Envision an uplifting and enobling future.
· Enlist others in a common vision by appealing to their values, interests, hopes and dreams
· Foster collaboration by promoting cooperative goals and building trust.
· Strengthen people by giving power away, providing choice, developing competence, assigning critical tasks and offering visible support.
· Set the example by behaving in ways that are consistent with shared values.
· Achieve small wins that promote consistent progress and build commitment.
· Recognise individual contributions to the success of every project.
· Celebrate team accomplishments regularly.
(Source: Kouzes JM and Posner BZ 1995 The Leadership Challenge)